Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

When I first started to hear about W.S Merwin, I felt like I was in the room with a superstar! however, once he opened it up to questions, you got the awkward pause. You could tell many of the people there were just there for credit for class...However, many people started to open up and to ask many good questions. one of my favorite was about how he translates plays and poems. You could tell as he talked about himself, he was very humble. How he himself was still trying to figure out how he got where he is at now in life. In it he talked about Friedrich Nietzsche, in which made me have the desire to go and hear him. to be honest with you, he was still a little... boring... but you can deice here is website with more information about him. http://www.pitt.edu/~wbcurry/nietzsche.html

No comments:

Post a Comment